The Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship 2023 is a golden opportunity for graduating high school seniors in the United States. But with so much information to sift through, understanding the nuances of this scholarship program can be a bit overwhelming. This comprehensive blog post is your one-stop guide, diving deep into the program’s essentials, timelines, eligibility criteria, and more.
Who Administers the Program?
The Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship 2023 is managed by the International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS). ISTS is renowned for maintaining high standards of professionalism and security, so rest assured, you’re in safe hands.
Is the Award Renewable?
Yes, the award is renewable over a period of four years, provided you maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher and furnish proof of enrollment each academic year.
Who Can Apply?
- Current graduating high school seniors.
- Must be a citizen of the United States as of the application submission date; permanent legal residents do not qualify.
You don’t have to be an Elks member or a dependent of one to apply.
- Application Deadline: November 14, 2022, 11:59 PM PT
- Counselor Report Deadline: November 21, 2022, 11:59 PM PT
- Applications open on August 1, 2022
- Notification to Quarter Finalists: January 13, 2023
- National Semi-Finalist deadlines and further dates are also given in detail.
Applicants are assessed based on:
- Leadership qualities
- Academic records
- Financial need
- Community involvement
- Essay content
Scholarships range from $1,000 to $12,500 per year and are only applicable for full-time courses at a U.S. college or university. The total scholarship fund amounts to a whopping $2,440,000.
Which School to Choose?
If you haven’t made a final decision about the college you want to attend, list your first-choice school on the application.
- For initial applications, no supporting documents are needed.
- For Quarter Finalists, a High School Transcript and the 2023-24 FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) will be necessary.
Notifications & Communication
You’ll primarily receive notifications via email. You can also receive text and voice messages, depending upon the program’s set-up. Make sure you don’t opt-out of these communications, as they are crucial for timely updates.
Are the Scholarships Taxable?
In the United States, scholarships used exclusively for tuition and textbooks are generally not considered taxable income.
If you’ve missed the deadline and your application status is ‘Started,’ don’t fret too much. As long as you have uploaded the required documents before the deadline, you’re usually still in the running.
The Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship 2023 offers a stellar opportunity to secure financial aid for your higher education. Now that you’re armed with all the necessary information, why wait? Start your application process today and take a significant step toward a brighter future.
Good luck to all the future leaders out there!